Organic Soy: The Myth

 
 A beautiful, life giving, chunk of US farmed beeswax.

A beautiful, life giving, chunk of US farmed beeswax.

This is the shortest article we have here, but we thought it deserved a little attention since we are asked this question often. What about organic or all-natural soy? In 2008 85% of US grown soy was genetically modified, now 98% of soy wax has been genetically modified (GMO) or mixed with GMO soy. It is argued that the tiny remaining 2% isn't used for candle making either. There are no regulations for what candle makers have to put on their labels including what claims they can make. It is completely legal for a candle company to put "all-natural" or even "organic soy" on their labels when in fact it's not possible. Learn more about soy crop sustainability and the status of the US's soy crops here. Nashville Wax Co. is dedicated to using 100% beeswax (find out why it's amazing here) and 100% essential oils. Support a local bee farmer, your health and the earth's future by purchasing your own Nashville Wax Co. candle today.

Kellie Mueller